Sometimes, you want to remove a Gmail account from an android phone you have. Removing a Gmail account may be according to different reasons. So, the steps will also depend on the reasons.
It may be that you want to avoid FRP lock after you run a factory reset on the android. Or you would like to delist the device from your Gmail account to stop using Google services on your Smartphone. Or you would like delete the Gmail account & relevant data you have from Google. How to remove Google account from android phone should understand the reason first.
How to Remove Google Account from Android to Bypass FRP Lock
If you forget the previously signed in Gmail account info, you can use computer to remove that Google account. In this case, you will need a tool called iMyFone LockWiper. How to remove a Google account from android Smartphone with this tool requires some steps below.
- First of all, you must download iMyFone LockWiper. After that, install & launch it on your computer. Then, select “Remove Google Lock” mode & click “Start” tab. Now, connect your android to the computer with a USB cable.
- Secondly, you should confirm the information of your device. This tool will detect your device’s brand & name automatically. If it detects correctly, click “Next” and follow onscreen instructions to perform Recovery Mode. Then, click “Next” once again.
- Thirdly, what you need to do is to prepare for the data package. Here, you can begin to choose the right android info, PDA, country and carrier. Then, click “Download”. Once it is successfully downloaded, click “Start to extract”. Now, you have to follow onscreen steps to download and install it. Once it is successfully installed, follow onscreen guides to switch on “USB Debugging” & “OEM Unlock”.
- Next, it requires you to prepare the firmware for your android. To reset your android, just follow the steps on your computer screen. Once it resets, now you must put your android in downloading mode and let the LockWiper to install firmware on your android. Once it is downloaded completely, click “Start to extract”.
- Lastly, it is time to start removing Google account lock from an android Smartphone you have.
How to Remove Google Account to Stop Google Services
If your Smartphone is stolen but you do not remember to put on the screen lock, you will need to know the following guidelines how to remove Google account from android device. It aims to prevent thieve to access your Gmail & information that is involved in any other Google services. Here are the complete steps you need to follow:
- First of all, you have to open a web browser on your computer and go to http://myaccount.google.com/.
- After that, you should log in with the username & password of your Google account.
- Then, on the Setting page, go to “Sign in & Security” and then choose “Device activity and notifications”.
- Next, click the option of “Review Devices located under “Recent” section.
- Lastly, you will see preferred name of device. Here, you should click it & choose “Remove”. After confirming the removal, your Google account will completely deleted.
How to Remove Google Account from Android Phone with Computer
How to remove Google account from android using a computer is easy. However, you have to make sure that you backup the data. To backup data, you just need to follow these steps below:
- Firstly, you should visit https://myaccount.google.com/. Here, you need to review your Google account information & download the data.
- After that, choose the data you want to download.
- Then, customize the Archive format.
- Now, you can access the archived data from your email.
Once you have saved the data, now you can start deleting your own Google account. How to delete Google account from android with a computer requires the following steps:
- You can begin with visiting https://myaccount.google.com/ and then sign in.
- Secondly, click “Delete your account or services”.
- Thirdly, select “Delete Google Account & Data” on the next page.
- There will be description and you should read it. You also must review the data you want to delete from Google.
- Finally, click “Delete Account” and let the deleting process runs completely.
How to Remove Google Account from Android in Different Situations
Deleting a Google account may need to be done in different situations. One of the situations is to follow the common path. It does not require factory reset. Here is step by step to follow:
- First, go to Settings, choose Account, then Google.
- If you see your Google account there, tap on it. It will bring you to SYNC SETTINGS page where you can remove your account.
- Now, hit the menu key on your android device and choose “Delete Account” or “Remove Account”.
- To start removing it, you have to confirm it on the pop-up message.
If you can get into your Google account but you cannot find three-dot menu, you can still find the solution how to delete Gmail account from android phone with the following steps:
- Just get rid of any annoying sign-in request notification first.
- Go to Gallery app and choose Menu & then choose CONTENT TO DISPLAY.
- If it does not work, you need to try long-pressing on the Gmail account or hitting Menu button in the screen. You will find an extra menu there.
- Now, go to Settings, choose General, and then select Security and choose Device Administrator. After that, find whether there is anything that can be associated with your accounts. If there is, it may prevent you from removing those accounts. Then, go back & check whether or not you are able to see three-dot or menu key.
That is all how to remove Google account from android phone. After deleting it, your Google contacts and other data including text messages will be removed from your android phone. You can actually recover the data with a tool called Android recovery program.