Today, there are so many websites with inappropriate contents spread on internet. For examples are porn or adult websites, online gambling websites, etc.
It makes parents worried especially when their children access those websites. So, parents have to know how to block websites on android. There are actually some ways that you can do for this purpose. In this article, we will discuss about it further.
How to Block Websites on Android Using Block Site App
The first way how to block sites on android is by using an app named Block Site. It is an app used to block contents by showing pop up when certain apps or sites are being accessed.
This app can ease you in protecting websites or apps with no right of access to open. Here is the detailed step by step that you have to follow:
- First of all, you have to make sure that you install Block Site app on your android. If you have not installed it yet, you can get it on Google Play Store for free.
- After you install the app, you will be required to activate accessibility for this app. It will usually be redirected to Accessibility Settings. If not, you can go to “Settings” and the choose “Accessibility”. You need to scroll down and then tap “BlockSite”.
- Then, you should swipe the symbol located on the top right corner to activate this app.
- Now, you can open the app and then tap + symbol at the right bottom corner.
- In this step, you are required to type website address that you want to block. Alternatively, you can tap APP and type the app you would like to block. The next thing you have to do is to mark on the right top corner by tapping it.
- Next, tap the symbol at the right top corner to activate the schedule. After that, you can set the schedule based on your desire. Here, you can set the schedule when you want to block the websites.
That is all how to block webs on android using Block Site app. Now, there will be a pop up when you or other people open the blocked apps or websites that you have just registered. This app is very useful for monitoring your kids’ online activities.
How to Block Websites on Android Using Google Safe Search Mode
As we know, Google is the most popular search engine. Google comes with a very useful feature named Google Safe Search mode. This is very useful to protect your android from inappropriate websites.
So, you do not need to worry if your kids use your android to open any website. How to block websites on android with this method is very effective and easy. So, you have to understand about it. In this article, we will discuss about it further and in more detailed. So, let’s pay attention to the following step by step:
- What you have to do first is to open Google on your android Smartphone you use.
- After you open it, you can directly go to “Others” menu. This menu can be found at the right bottom corner of the page.
- Then, you need to choose “Settings” menu.
- On the Settings menu, you should go to “Account & Privacy” menu.
- On that menu, you can activate “Filter SafeSearch” feature.
Now, your browser is protected from inappropriate websites or contents. So, you and your family can access any website safely. You also do not need to worry if your kids use your android Smartphone for searching online.
How to Block Websites on Android Using OpenDNS
How to block inappropriate contents on android can also be done using an app called OpenDNS. This can help you block as many as websites you want. It lets you filter all categories of website in your all networks or certain devices.
OpenDNS makes you do that easily. You can use Family Shield package specifically designed to block adult contents on any android device in any network. To do this, you need to follow these steps:
- Firstly, you have to go to Settings on your android.
- After that, choose “Network & Internet”.
- Then, you need to select “Wi-Fi”.
- Now, tap the network you want to use for filtration.
- Next, tap Pen icon to make a change.
- Here, you have to change IP from DHCP to Static.
- For the next step, on the DNS 1 and DNS 2, you should enter 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52.
- Save your settings.
- After all, visit internetbadguys.com to make sure that everything is set rightly.
For the further control, OpenDNS also offers free Home package. It requires you to register account. However, it lets you adjust the websites you want to filter on your network. That is all how to block inappropriate websites on android using OpenDNS.
How to Block Websites on Android Using Mobile Security
Another best way that you can consider is by using Mobile Security. To block websites on android, firstly you have to open Mobile Security. After that, tap “Parental Controls” on the main page. Then, you should tap “Website Filter”. Next, you need to toggle on “Website Filter”. What to do next is to tap “Block List”. Then, continue to tap “Add”.
Now, you can enter a descriptive name as well as the UR for the websites you want to block. Lastly, you should tap “Save”. Now, that unwanted website has been included to the blocked list.
How to block websites on android using this method also allows you block as many as unwanted sites. You just need to repeat those steps above and enter the unwanted website again and again.
This method is very easy but effective. It also comes with some useful features such as finding malware, helping to find your android device if it is lost, helping recover your android from ransom ware attack, etc.
Description: How to block websites on android can be done easily with some ways. Here are some of the best ways that can help you block unwanted websites.